DataStax is the real-time data company. It helps enterprises mobilize real-time data and quickly build the smart, high-scale applications required to become data-driven businesses. The DataStax Astra cloud service uniquely delivers the power of Apache Cassandra®—the world’s most scalable database—with the advanced Apache Pulsar™ streaming technology in a unified stack, available on any cloud.
DataStax intentionally focus on knowing, connecting with, and serving our developers and enterprises. This focus enables us to create an experience that developers love and that changes the trajectory of the people and companies they work for.
DataStax sells different databases (products) such as DataStax Enterprise, Astra,Luna, Cassandra and many more. It also provides its services to the customers if there come any issues from its customers. So, the DataStax has two major processes – Sales Process and Service Process.
- DataStax has custom logics for sales process which require opportunity splits, CPQ and subscriptions.
- DataStax Service portal was on Zendesk platform, which caused data discrepancy for them
- Limitations in Zendesk platforms caused DataStax delay in providing their support to customers.
- Cost of the Zendesk platform was high, and only configurable. There is no customization in Zendesk.
These all limitations needed the resolution, and then they decided to migrate to salesforce. There were some big challenges for us to implement this such as –
1. There was full custom solution to be implemented for the sales process which required lot of custom logic from apex code regarding opportunity splits, subscriptions, and quotes. To be able to send and track emails through Salesforce.
2. Migration of service portal from Zendesk to salesforce was the most challenging as we had to migrate the live data of past 15 years from Zendesk to salesforce without production down time along with all the triggers and automations that already existed in Zendesk.
3. Integrations in DataStax: There were lot of integrations in DataStax which we have implemented such as PagerDuty Integration, Slack Integration, JIRA Integration, Opsgenie Integration, Zendesk Integration, Send-Safely integration etc.
- For the sales side, we implemented opportunity splits, salesforce CPQ, products and subscriptions and this helped the DataStax for smooth Sales Process.
- For the service side, we implemented all the triggers and automations that existed in the Zendesk. We understood the whole process and then came up with Entitlement, Entitlement Contacts, SLAs, Entitlement Process, Subscriptions, Premium Customers, DMS Customers, Non-Premium Customers and many more. We designed the dynamic solution for each type of customer through our custom logics. We have also migrated the whole data of Accounts, Contacts, Cases from Zendesk to salesforce through standard data migration practices using batch Apex. Without downtime of the support portal, whole service process of DataStax got transferred from Zendesk to salesforce.
This starts when the customer purchases any product and DataStax provides service to it. We have Accounts, Contacts who are the customers. The contacts have the access to community portal to raise the support cases and read about the products through knowledge articles. The Accounts have a tie up with DataStax based on support subscriptions they purchase from DataStax such as Premium Support, Non-Premium Support, DataStax Managed Services and many more. Depending on these subscriptions, the entitlements are created for the accounts and these entitlements decide the level of support required for the cases raised by the customers. We also have premium contacts (Entitlement Contacts) to raise the premium cases on behalf of the account. Support agents receive emails for the new cases of their region and then it is assigned to the agent. We have automation for survey feedback whenever the case is resolved. All the updates of the case the notified to the customers and support agents via emails, slack and PagerDuty. Once the case is resolved, customers have the option to reopen the case within 30 days, after which it is marked as closed.
- Sales Process is running smoothly without any issues.
- Service portal is completely migrated from Zendesk to salesforce along with data migration and running smoothly on salesforce.
- There are some scenarios that come up regarding design and functionality change, which are implemented on the regular basis.